Answers For Drug Charge Questions
Drug charges can originate from a variety of situations. Sometimes, a simple traffic or pedestrian stop leads to criminal charges; sometimes, a person is apprehended during a transaction; in other cases, a suspect falsely accuses a friend or acquaintance of being a dealer in order to lessen his or her own charges.
A drug conviction can have many negative effects on a convicted person’s life. Consequences can include fines, probation, jail time, mandatory counseling and treatment, and in the case of college students, the loss of financial aid.
If you or a loved one is facing drug charges in Eau Claire, Chippewa Falls, Menomonie or elsewhere in Wisconsin, call our firm at 715-598-2761 to talk about your rights and your options for defense. In many cases, taking steps early can help improve the outcome of a case.
An Experienced Attorney For Drug Possession And Distribution Cases
At Hertel Law, S.C., we provide strong representation to people who have been accused of drug crimes in Wisconsin. Since 1976, criminal defense lawyer Harry Hertel and his team have been fighting for the rights of people charged with misdemeanors and felonies such as drug possession, possession with intent to deliver, and manufacture and delivery of controlled substances. Our firm can help you if your case involves:
- Simple possession of marijuana
- Methamphetamine (meth), heroin and Ecstasy, which are taken very seriously by prosecutors
- Prescription drugs like Percocet, Ritalin and OxyContin
- Synthetic drugs such as K2
- University of Wisconsin students at Eau Claire and Stout
- A joint liability or “party to a crime” scenario
- Aiding and abetting
- Maintaining a trafficking location, which can lead to forfeitures of your house, car or other property
- Driving under the influence
Contact Us Now For A Free Consultation
Please call our Eau Claire office at 715-598-2761, or contact us online for a free, confidential consultation about your situation. We will answer your questions and help you develop a plan for dealing with whatever drug charges you or a family member is facing.
- Former President Of The Wisconsin
Association Of Criminal Defense
Lawyers / Currently On
Board Of Directors
- Board Of Directors For Wisconsin
Association For Justice